Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dyi project! - Calendar block

Calendar Block Specifics


Wood: 4x4 posts, cut into 2 square blocks, 2x4--7 inches
Number Placement: Block 1--0,1,2,3,4,5
Block 2--0,1,2,6,7,8 (6 doubles as the 9, so make sure you put it on non-directional paper)
Paint your blocks, mod podge desired paper, sand and distress block edges, add numbers!



Make sure to clean the blocks with a cloth after sanding.


Paint your blocks with the color you desire, and let them dry. 


While the blocks dry print your months and cut them. You can be more creative and use cutout letters or stencils. 


After your paint has dried cut out from construction paper squares to fit your blocks. I used three colors cutting out two squares of each color for each block. 
Mod podge the paper to the blocks and then the blocks. You can use matte or glossy mod podge. I used glossy on mine. I used paint and stencil to paint the numbers on but you can do cut outs. Make sure to put the numbers on before you mod podge the blocks. 


I used magnet to hold the months on the bottom block. I cut the magnet according to the size of the months. 


Make sure to also stick a magnet on the bottom block so that the months will hold.



And here is the finish product! I hope you have as much fun as I did making your own. Let me know how yours turns out and what you would do different. Also don't forget to send me pictures of your finish products. 

1 comment: